In Windows 7 and earlier versions of Windows, the system made a sound every time you started the computer, but since Windows 8.x and Windows 10, the sound is no longer heard.
However, Microsoft did not remove the option. Instead, it turned it off on new installations of Windows 10. That means if you’re the nostalgic type, you can always turn on the Windows startup sound from Windows 10 settings.
In this article, we are going to see the steps to enable or disable the option to play sound when Windows 10 starts up on your computer.
How to enable classic Windows startup sound on Windows 10?
To enable startup sound on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open them Windows 10 settings with the keyboard shortcut Windows + I.
- Click on System.
- On the left, click on the option His.
- On the right, click Sound control panel.
- The dialog box His is displayed. Click on the tab Sounds.
- At the bottom of the window, check the option Play Windows startup sound.
- Click on Apply, then on okay.
Once you have completed this procedure, the next time you start the computer from a cold boot or restart, you will hear the Windows startup sound.
To deactivate the Windows startup sound, it is enough in the dialog box His deactivate the option Play Windows startup sound.