Windows 10 allows you to view up to three clocks with different time zones.
Here’s how to set up multiple clocks.
Viewing clocks from multiple time zones comes in handy when dealing with coworkers, friends or family across the world. It can even be useful to determine the time of a live event (like the Microsoft Build keynote) when it takes place in a different time zone than yours.
Windows 10 allows you to configure up to three different clocks: the master clock set to your local time, plus two additional clocks (clock 1 and clock 2) with different time zones. You can view all three by clicking or hovering the mouse over the clock in the system tray.
In this article, we will see how to set up time zone clocks, and also how you can track more time zones using Alarms & Clock app.
How to add clocks for different time zones on Windows 10?
- Open them Windows 10 settings (Windows + I).
- Click on Time and language.
- Click on the link Add clocks for different time zones.
- In Date and hour, on the tab Additional clocks, tick Show this clock to activate clock 1 for the first clock in addition to local time.
- Select the time zone from the drop-down menu Select the time zone.
- Enter a descriptive name for the clock in the box Enter the display name.
To add another clock, repeat the same operations for clock 2.
- Click on okay to finish adding one or two additional clocks.
After completing these steps, you can hover or click on the clock in the system tray to view additional clocks.
How to show even more clocks on Windows 10?
While Windows 10 offers a quick and easy way to view the time in multiple time zones, you’re still limited to three clocks. If you want to track even more time zones, you can easily do so using the app. Alarms and Clock on Windows 10.
To track other time zones, do the following:
- Open the app Alarms and clock.
- Click on International clock.
- At the bottom right, click the button + Add a new city.
- At the top left, you will see a search box, type in the location for which you want to see the time, and click on the result to add to the map.
You can even compare the different times of the monitored locations by clicking on the button Compare at the bottom of the window.
The only downside might be that you have to open the app every time you want to see the clocks, but here’s a quick tip to fix it: Right click the time zone on the map, select Pin to Start menu, and voila, you now have several time zones at your fingertips.