The first beta of Windows 11 has arrived. After an official presentation a few days ago, Microsoft is delivering the new version of its OS on a tray. It is currently a preview, but it is fully functional. Here’s how to download it.
The rumors were true: the first build of Windows 11 has just arrived on this Monday, June 28. Available as a free download, you only need to be a member of the Windows Insider program to access it. It’s quite simple and open to everyone. At the time of writing, build 22000.51 is coming as an update from Windows 10. ISO files are not yet available, but it is highly likely that they will be available in the next few years. days.
The build in question allows you to familiarize yourself with some of the main new features of Windows 11. It includes the new placement of the taskbar buttons, the rounded edges of the windows or even the Widgets, which allow you to view the news and the weather forecast. in the blink of an eye from a window displayed on the left of the screen. We also take advantage of other new features, which were not present in the build that leaked earlier in the month.
File Explorer gets a partial facelift, since the ribbon is lighter and no longer uses the tab system as was the case since Windows 8. A new contextual menu has also appeared, with rounded edges and showing the most common tasks in priority. In addition, the notification and action center is now divided into two sections.
How do I download the Windows 11 beta?
To access the operating system, nothing could be simpler:
- Visit the Windows Insider site to sign up for the Test and Update program.
- Otherwise, since Windows 10, you can also press the keys [Windows] + [I] to access the application Settings.
- Meeting on Updates and Security, then click Windows Insider Program
- Press the button To start, then choose a Microsoft account. Click on +. You are now a member of the Windows Insider program
- After restarting your PC, return to the application Settings, then click Updates and Security. Stay on the tab this time Windows Update.
- Click Check for Updates.
Windows 11 download and installation can then begin. However, keep in mind that this is a preview. It is not necessarily very stable and some functions are still missing. As usual, we strongly advise you to install it on a secondary PC, or on a 2nd hard drive or a 2nd partition of your primary PC.