change the color of your Samsung keyboard
The Samsung keyboard, which is pre-installed on Galaxy phones, can be customized in several ways. You can change its size, transparency, layout style, font size, modes, and more. Samsung allows you to change the color of the keyboard. We all know that the default white-gray combination can sometimes get boring. There are four ways to change the color of your Samsung keyboard to make it look attractive.
1. Using the dark mode
One of the easiest ways to change the color of your Samsung keyboard is to change the theme of your phone to dark. When you activate dark mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone, the keypad automatically turns black.
To enable dark mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone, go to Settings -> Display. Under Dark, tap the check box. You can also turn on dark mode in Quick Settings.
2. Using Samsung keyboard themes
The Samsung keyboard offers four built-in themes that can be used to change the color of the keyboard. You can choose from Light, Even Light, Dark, and Even Dark. In addition to color, the difference is that solid themes hide the edge of the keys.
1. Open Samsung Phone Settings.
2. Go to General Management and tap “Samsung Keyboard Settings”.
You can also open Samsung keyboard settings by tapping the Settings icon (tooth-shaped) at the top of the keyboard.
3. In the Samsung keyboard settings, tap Theme. You will find the available themes. Tap a theme to select it on your keyboard. You can preview the color of the Samsung keyboard with the Show Keyboard option at the bottom. Note that if the theme option is grayed out, you need to turn off dark mode on your phone.
This method can be used to change the color of the Samsung keyboard to black without enabling the dark mode of the phone.
3. Use of high contrast colors
If simple light or dark colors on your keyboard aren’t your thing, Samsung also offers high-contrast colors for your keyboard. Access the Samsung keyboard settings from the phone settings or directly from the Samsung keyboard as shown in the method above. Tap “High Contrast Keyboard” in the Samsung keyboard settings. Turn on the switch next to Off. Select the desired high contrast color theme from the available options.
4. Using Galaxy Themes
Finally, if the above methods do not suit your needs, you can change the color of the Samsung keyboard by applying a theme to your phone. Samsung supports themes naturally, so you don’t have to rely on a third-party app. The disadvantage of this method is that the theme used changes the colors of your entire phone, not just the keypad. If you have no problem, you can try this method.
1. Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
2. Tap Themes to access the Galaxy Themes Store. You will be prompted to sign in with your Samsung account if you are not. You’ll find a huge collection of themes – both free and paid. Find the theme you want in the search bar.
3. When you like a theme, tap it to see more information about it. Check out the screenshots of the theme to see what it looks like with this theme. Finally, tap Download.
4. Wait for the theme to load. Click Apply to apply the theme.
To find all downloaded themes, or to delete a theme, open Galaxy Themes by going to Settings -> Themes on your phone. Tap the three bars icon and select My Stuff. You can find all downloaded themes on the Themes tab.
To return to the original theme colors, tap the default theme. Tap any other theme to select and apply it.
When it comes to customizations, Android phones are not disappointing. Want to brighten your phone even more? You can customize almost anything you want, whether it’s a startup program, keyboard, Lock Screen, or Quick Settings. You can even make your Android phone look like an iPhone.