Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro is another free Windows 10 cleaner and PC optimizer that you can use on your Windows. It was developed by IObit which makes other useful Windows utilities including Uninstaller, Start Menu for Windows 10, etc.
Download IObit Advanced System Care 14 Pro
The advantages and disadvantages of Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro:
- Advanced SystemCare is free, easy-to-use computer cleaning software, the important features of which are clearly visible on its user interface.
- Can do startup optimization, delete junk files, fix redundant shortcuts, clear browsing data, etc.
- This free PC optimizer can check for outdated system drivers and optimize RAM usage.
- Additional functionality can be extended by adding add-ons like IObit Uninstaller, Driver Booster, Smart Defrag, etc.
- Displays a desktop widget with real-time data on RAM and CPU usage.
- Can shut down your PC at a specific time.
- Try to install additional software during the installation process.
2. Iolo System Mechanic:
System Mechanic by Iolo is another great PC optimizer for Windows 10 that helps clean up junk files and claims to fix over 30,000 issues which can lead to slow running computer. It lists a variety of issues in a classified format and recommends the best fixes to resolve the issues. You will be amazed at the amazing boot time and improved RAM performance.
Download Iolo System Mechanic
The pros and cons of Iolo System Mechanic:
- Wide range of PC cleaning tools
- Optimize startup configuration
- Optimizes hidden internet settings
- Repair shortcuts and broken internet connections
- Automatically increases processor, hard drive and RAM speed
CCleaner is probably the most famous Windows cleaning tool out there. Not only Windows 10 (and earlier versions), this utility is also available for macOS.
The pros and cons of CCleaner the free version:
- Easy to use application that analyzes unwanted data on machines and deletes it quickly.
- The user can configure the type of data that the PC cleaning software should remove during the process.
- Intelligent analysis of cookies to leave connection information intact while erasing browsing data.
- The free version of CCleaner includes features that get the job done most of the time.
- The user can exclude specific folders from the cleaning process.
- Includes many other additional features such as Disk Wiper.
- Receive regular software updates, but the free version does not update automatically.
- The smart cookie analysis feature could raise privacy concerns for some users.
Our list of the best cleaning tools for Windows 10 and other versions would definitely be incomplete without mentioning CleanMyPC. It includes a good number of optimization tools, such as computer cleaner, uninstaller, registry optimizer, startup manager, file shredder, browser extensions manager, etc. . Install CleanMyPC right away to eliminate frequent crashes and errors.
The advantages and disadvantages of CleanMyPC:
- Junk and cache cleaner
- Registry fixer
- Mass uninstallation
- Manage auto-running applications
- Data shredder to permanently delete files
5. Avast Cleanup:
This cleaning tool for Windows 10 comes from the manufacturer of the famous antivirus Avast Technologies. Avast Cleanup can be a good choice for users who want reliable and easy-to-use Windows 10 cleaning software.
However, this tool from Avast comes with a price tag. But you can give it a try and see if it meets your needs.
The pros and cons of Avast cleaning:
- The user interface is beautiful and easy to navigate.
- Can erase junk files related to various supported applications.
- Sleep mode prevents less required applications from consuming system resources.
- Can detect and suggest removal of bloatware and other less used applications on your computer.
- Can clear temporary browsing data for more than 25 supported browsers.
- Comes with a built-in wiper and registry cleaning tools.
- No free version exists.
6. Storage Assistant – the built-in free Windows 10 cleaner:
If you are using Windows 10 then I would ask you to go no further than the Settings app on your PC. Windows 10 comes with a built-in cleaning tool.
Free Up Space also does most of the work like a regular Windows cleaner would. It’s just that you don’t need to install any third-party app and it’s completely malware free.
How to use Storage Assistant on Windows 10?
- Go to Settings> System> Storage
- Click on “Change the way we free up space automatically”
- Scroll down and click on “Clean now“
On the same page, you can also configure how to delete temporary files associated with apps or whether you want to automatically delete files from your Downloads folder after a specified number of days.
Additionally, you can enable the storage detection tool if you want Windows 10 to manually wipe your hard drive from time to time.
The advantages and disadvantages of the Storage Assistant:
- You do not install this computer cleaning software.
- Works without any problem. Updates automatically with Windows 10 updates.
- Erase junk files from your computer.
- Can automatically optimize your storage, clean Recycle Bin and Downloads folder.
- It’s buried deep in the Settings app and isn’t very visible to the user.
- This free cleaning software is not supported on older versions of Windows.
7. Disk Cleanup:
For those who are running older versions like Windows 7, Windows 8.1, the built-in Disk Cleaner is probably the best free computer cleaner you can get without doing anything.
For some reason, if you don’t like Storage Assistant, Disk Cleanup is also available on Windows 10.
Just pull up the start menu and type in Disk Cleanup. It’s a little slower than the free space on Windows 10, but you can still get rid of a lot of junk that lives on your PC.
The pros and cons of Disk Cleanup:
- Does the job of removing junk files, temporary internet files, thumbnails etc.
- It can delete old Windows installation data to free up large amounts of space.
- Can clear data from your Downloads folder and Trash.
So these are some of the best cleaning tools for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, etc. We will continue to update this list, so be sure to check it out in the future.